How can you pray for the military home front?
Many prayers are directed to our deployed military personnel, and that is so appreciated, but it is equally important to pray for their loved ones at home. Here are insights provided by military spouses in how to pray:
Pray...for the home front spouse
- that they would trust God and that they would be firmly rooted in Christ and the Word of God and draw strength from Him
- for joy, hope, endurance, strength, patience, protection and safety
- pray against fear, loneliness, fatigue, despair, depression
- that support would be present when needed, that friends, family, co-workers, neighbors would rise up and extend assistance and encouragement
Pray...for their marriage
- for loyalty and commitment in their marriage, and that their relationship would have trust
- that their love would grow stronger during the time apart
- pray against temptation or inappropriate relationships
- for a healthy way to fill the hours left empty that would have been spent with their spouse
Pray...for their children
- that they would be strong for their children and would have wisdom and discernment in parenting
- that children would learn how to cope with the deployment (fears, anxieties,
- sadness) and learn how to express themselves
- that schools would be understanding and helpful
And keep praying following the deployment!
- Pray for the time of re-integration. After the happy reunion, the period of adjustment can be tough. The whole family has been affected/changed by the deployment.
- It may be a time of dealing with unresolved issues.
- The deployed parent needs to fit back into the home that has managed independently without him/her for a period of time. Parental/spousal responsibilities may shift.
- Sometimes a return home is followed by a move to a new location.
Are you looking for a systematic method to pray for the military community? A great way to involve the whole
Copyright 2008 - 2015 Benita Koeman, Operation We Are Here. All rights reserved.
Operation We Are Here is a HUB of RESOURCES for the military community and military supporters.
Military support is not a concept to embrace; military support is sacrificial action. Visit our military support TOOLKIT.