Are you looking for ideas to encourage a home front family?
They love to know that you are thinking of them and that you care! Here are some suggestions that spouses have shared...things that would brighten their day.
- For their children: Crafts, deployment book, fast food restaurant gift card, movie passes, or other military child themed gifts. If you have children, ask their input...what do they think would be something fun to receive in the mail?
- Coupon book: Childcare, yard work, lawn care, computer repair, vehicle oil change, handyman help, housecleaning, meal
- Food/drink: Chocolate, popcorn, ice cream, specialty snacks, wine, tea, coffee
- Gift cards: Restaurant, movie theater, spa (massage, pedicure, manicure) To purchase an AAFES Gift Card(s)/ Exchange Catalog Gift Certificate(s) to be used at a local post exchange around the world, visit https://shop.aafes.com or call (877) 770-4438. Please remember to send to only recipients that have Exchange privileges. To purchase a DeCA Commissary gift card for groceries, visit www.commissaries.com.
- Relaxation: Relaxation cd, bubble bath, lotion, scented candles, flowers, book, military devotional
- Reverse care package: Coordinate a care package with the deployed spouse; visit Jocelyn Green's Faith Deployed website for more details on this novel idea!**
- May 6, 2022 is Military Spouse Appreciation Day: A care package might be the perfect way to say "I appreciate you and the sacrifices you make as a military spouse/family!" But don't let this be your only time to show your care and appreciation.
Don't know a military spouse?
Here is a listing of organizations that send care packages to the home front:
Full Circle Home
www.fullcirclehome.org Our service men and women are doing more than their part. They need and deserve all the care packages, love and support that we can give. But at Christmas and Mother's Day, they want to send their love back – back to their wives, fiancés, girlfriends and moms. This program is designed to let our heroes be heroes yet again, by allowing them to send their holiday gifts and a love note to their quiet hero at home. This is accomplished through the generosity and appreciation of businesses and individuals who sponsor a servicemen's gifts home. Little Patriots Embraced Family Deployment Package www.littlepatriotsembraced.org The LPE Family Package was designed for our military families. It is our goal to deliver this package to each family dealing with deployment.
What the home front wishes you understood...
Copyright 2008 - 2022 Benita Koeman, Operation We Are Here. All rights reserved.
Operation We Are Here is a HUB of RESOURCES for the military community and military supporters.
Military support is not a concept to embrace; military support is sacrificial action. Visit our military support TOOLKIT.
Resources for supporters of military and veteran families
- Practical insights in caring for
Military and veteran family resources
Operation We Are Here