Military ministry resources for churches
Scroll down for more information about:
(Additional resources listed above)
Christian Reformed Church of North America
Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
Becoming a veteran friendly church - LINK Church military support that any congregation can do - LINK Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and veterans resource guide - LINK Resources for planning worship services in a time of war - LINK
Church of God
The Ministry to the Military is an outreach program of the Church of God of Cleveland, TN. Our mission is to enable armed forces personnel and their family members to effectively live a Christian life in the global military environment of the 21st Century.
“Home Support Team” (or “H.O.S.T.”), the Office of the Bishop Suffragan for Chaplaincies of the Episcopal Church to lead our church’s response to the growing number of persons impacted when a loved one is deployed in harm’s way and when he or she returns. (see the link "What Dioceses and Congregations Are Doing")
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
The Lutheran Church
The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
Operation Barnabas looks to support those back from war.
Southern Baptist Church
Do you know someone overcome by the weight of life? They may be depressed, nervous, stressed, anxious or troubled. They need compassion, hope, care and spiritual healing. To enhance your awareness and skills for essential pastoral care, we’ve provided a wide range of resources for you.
Combat Stress Bible Study - LINK
A downloadable 13-week Bible study that address the spiritual issues veterans face when readjusting to to life after combat. Dr. Brian Kimball and U.S. Navy Chaplain
Southern Baptist Church - Deployment Ministry Care Plan
- A downloadable ministry care plan for Southern Baptist churches and ministers serving as Reserve Component Chaplains to use before, during, and after deployment. By Dr.Jay Padgett and Army National Guard Chaplain
- Also includes a Sample Chaplain Mobilization Agreement, Sample Commissioning Service for Deploying Chaplain, Sample Service of Celebration for Returning Chaplain and a Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations
United Methodist Church
An Order for Blessing Service members deploying for war - LINK
Virginia Baptist Mission Board
Has a free downloadable Ministering to the Military in Our Midst Resource Guide. Download
Military chaplaincy links
US Air Force Chaplain Corps
US Army Chaplains
Download a web-based copy of the Civilian Clergy Deployment Resource Guide. This file is available to any civilian clergy. Download Ministering to Families Affected By Military Deployment - Deployment Resources for America's Clergy. This booklet contains information to assist Civilian Clergy in providing ministry to family members of mobilized members of the National Guard and Reserves. The U.S. Army Chief of Chaplains is grateful to partner with civilian clergy of various denominational backgrounds to more effectively minister to community based family members of the military Reserve Forces. This booklet may be reproduced as necessary....there is no need to get further permissions to copy.
US Coast Guard
US Marine Corps Chaplains
US Navy Chaplain Corps
ACCTS - Association for Christian Conferences Teaching and Service
With contacts in over 130 nations, ACCTS is actively engaged in the international military mission field.
Desires to help and serve you in any way we can to run Alpha courses and their derivatives on your ship, at your base or in your unit wherever in the world that might be. Resources include: The Alpha Course, The Marriage Course
AMCF - Association of Military Christian Fellowship
AMCF is a group of international military Christians who desire to be men and women of faith like the Roman officer Jesus commended in Matthew chapter eight. Our goal is to serve Christ and share Him with others while also serving our nations’ armed forces.
AMCF is composed of indigenously-led military Christian fellowships (MCFs) and individual military Christians in over 100 nations. We welcome you to learn more about us on this website, and appreciate your prayers as our members strive to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with the Lord our God (Micah 6:8).
Armed Services Ministry (American Bible Society)
Armed Services Ministry exists to help meet the critical spiritual needs of our nation's military by providing customized ministry programs and Scripture resources. These resources are freely available to all of our men and women serving our country, as well as veterans and family members.
From 1817 through the War on Terror, we have delivered nearly 60 million free Bible resources to America’s armed forces. Today, we look forward to continuing our tradition of providing God’s Word to the military.
- Military Bible Challenge website (Bible engagement resources for leaders)
- Military Bible Challenge app (Devotions on your mobile devices)
- God Understands (Devotional series for U.S. military members)
- Journey of a Military Wife (Online devotional for women)
- Rezilient Life (A place for military teens)
- Engage Your Strengths (Find out how God uniquely created you)
Cadence International - Share the gospel and your life with the military community
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Cadence serves all branches of the U.S. military in American and overseas locations. Comprised of nearly 4 million people, the U.S. military community has proven to be one of the largest, most responsive sub-cultures today. Cadence ministers not only to military personnel, but to their spouses and dependents as well. Malachi Ministries is the the youth division of Cadence, reaching out to children and youth in the military community.
Catholics in the Military - Serving personnel, chaplains and families of those in the US Military
CatholicMil.org serves those who serve, offering U.S. Armed Forces personnel spiritual truths of military life in light of the Catholic faith. The three-fold mission of CatholicMil.Org is
- to spiritually edify military families who have an immediate member currently serving active duty;
- to promote vocations to the Archdiocese for Military Services, USA
- to work towards the canonization of Fr. Vincent Robert Capodanno, the heroic military chaplain who was killed in action administering Last Rites to the wounded and dying on the battlefields of Vietnam
Christian Military Fellowship (CMF)
Christian Military Fellowship (CMF) is an association of believers who are committed to encouraging Men and Women in the United States Armed Forces, and their families, to love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. We are an indigenous ministry serving all elements of that society including all military services, all ranks, family members, civilian employees, all Christian denominations and traditions. Within the military society, our members, staff and constituents work to introduce people to Jesus Christ and help Christians to grow in faith.
We are a caring community passionate about connecting the global military community to Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is to impart faith in Christ, instill patterns and principles for victorious Christian duty and ignite individual calling and destiny. Our mission strategy is simple and encompasses three major areas: Evangelism, Discipleship and Deployment.
Force Ministries believes it is vital to lay a proper foundation in the new believers life. This is done through our discipleship program. We currently have Force Bible Studies on several military installations through out the world and have materials available to send upon request. We are here to provide chaplains and leaders with vital support and encouragement. Lastly, our goal is to provide spiritual support to families facing long overseas deployments. We are currently training missionaries that will be sent to serve overseas near military bases. We also provide prayer and intercessor support through our Force Multipliers prayer team.
Militarybeliever.com is a location-based social network that matches military people with churches, ministries, and believers worldwide.
Military Chaplains Association - USA
The Military Chaplains Association of the United States of America is a professional support and veterans service organization. We are dedicated to the religious freedom and spiritual welfare of our Armed Services members, veterans, their families, and their survivors.
Our members are serving or have served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Department of Veterans Affairs, or Air Force Auxiliary Civil Air Patrol chaplaincies.Our associate members come from among other chaplains, chaplain assistants, religious faith group leaders, and those interested in supporting military chaplaincy.
Our members and associate members represent a broad cross-section of religious faith groups in the United States. Together, we speak for chaplains and chaplaincies with a professional, prophetic, and pastoral voice.
Military Community Youth Ministries - An Ecumenical Christian ministry reaching out to every military teen
Commanders, Chaplains, and Parents:
You can bring MCYM to your military installation! MCYM has over a 25-year track record of dedicated and faithful service in support of military teens through its field ministry known as Club Beyond. MCYM/Club Beyond is currently at more than 40 military bases worldwide. MCYM brings a relational ministry to military teens and families, but also increases unit operational readiness. Their ministry partners are Youth for Christ and Young Life.
Military Missions Network - Military friendly churches
A network of evangelical churches, chaplains, and para-church ministries fulfilling the Great Commission of Jesus Christ by reaching, equipping and ministering to military members and families worldwide.
Has directories of churches that minister to military members and their families:
- A Military Friendly Church is one which loves and welcomes military members and families into its fellowship. This is a church in which military members and families can expect to be embraced with open arms and can also anticipate being genuinely invited to participate in the life and ministry of the church.
Missions to Military
At Missions To Military, we have been passionate about sharing the love of Christ with servicemen and women since 1958. MTM is a "by faith", independent Baptist, Christian ministry that works through local churches and with Bible-believing military chaplains to help evangelize and to disciple military men and women for Jesus Christ.
National Chaplain Center
The mission of the National Chaplain Center is to empower Department of Veterans Affairs Chaplains in the achievement of excellence in meeting the spiritual healthcare needs of Veterans.
National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces (NCMAF)
We are a one-of-a-kind organization in the world, bringing together official representatives of all the major faith communities in the United States in a mutually supportive, working relationship.
We are Protestant and Roman Catholic, Jewish and Orthodox, Buddhist and Islamic. Our members span nearly the total theological spectrum of faith organizations that make up the religious communities of the United States.
Our members, as endorsers for particular bodies, are the point of contact between the armed forces and over 220 religious denominations and faith groups. Our common goals are to recruit, endorse and provide oversight for clergypersons who desire to serve as chaplains in any one of the branches of our armed forces. We want clergypersons to serve who are credible, committed to their faith, open to all persons, able to meet all military standards, and who represent the highest standards of their own faith communities.
We envision a movement of thousands of courageous men and women passionately following Christ, representing Him in advancing the Gospel through relationships where they live, work, train for war, and deploy. This movement includes men and women of all races and ranks, and permeates the military community on and around every U.S. installation and foreign military around the world. Has relevant articles, stories.
OCF - Officers' Christian Fellowship
Our purpose is to glorify God by uniting Christian officers for biblical fellowship and outreach, equipping and encouraging them to minister effectively in the military society.
- COMMAND Magazine - COMMAND is published seven times per year, and is mailed free to all OCF members. OCF members and chaplains may request 1-5 free extra copies for use in local ministries.
- Books and pamphlets include: 100 Days - A compilation to help military personnel understand their Bibles; Leading Effective Small Groups; Family Conferences; May a Christian Serve in the Military; Professional Excellence for the Christian Officer; Professional Perspectives for Senior Officers; Service Separations; Supporting Your Chaplain
- Bible studies include:100 Days Study - 100 short Bible studies covering a variety of issues. They are used very widely in deployed situations where target-of-opportunity fellowships might occur, Biblical Marriage 9 studies for married couples, Biblical Truths 10 studies that take an in-depth look on what the Bible says about topics such as Spiritual Gifts, Humility, Suffering, and Discipleship; Christian Leadership 11 studies on topics such as Preparation, Vision, Authority, and Integration; Concept of Calling 6 studies that examine the concept of Calling and the Military Professional; Devotion & Worship 7 studies on topics such as Jesus, Prayer, and the Character of God; Practical Christianity 9 studies on topics such as Fellowship, Gambling, Relationships, and Evangelism; Small Groups 4 studies on Leading Effective Small Groups. Covers Leadership, Practical Tips, Growth, and Disruptions.